At the recent Surfbreak Protection Society AGM, changes to update the Constitution were accepted and passed.
Some of the elements that have been changed or added include:
1. Clarification that Surfbreak Protection is an independent not for profit organisation.
2. Ability to allow electronic voting at Annual / Special General Meetings to keep up with a changes in technology and trends.
3. Tighter definitions on the size and powers of the committee.
4. Definitions of quorums and voting rights of members.
5. New clauses have been added for the sake of clarity explaining what the Secretary should provide before any General Meeting, the business of an Annual General Meeting and how members can put a motion forward for consideration at any General Meeting.
The new Constitution will be lodged with the Societies Registry and once that has been processed and accepted it will be made available on the website.